“I’ve been thinking Hobbes –”
“On a weekend?”
“Well, it wasn’t on purpose…” ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Ah the weekend is upon us and we all know what that means; time to look back at some of our favorite happenings from the past week. It was a big week for us here at FiddleFly as we launched our new site with all new content and brand new features, and while we were busy churning out great things, big stories were breaking all over the mobile web industry. Check them out:
- We’ve talked here before about the Apps vs. Web debate, and yesterday the Pew Internet Project released a report weighing in on the debate. For now at least, it looks like most experts believe web will win out over apps.
- Creating content parity for different devices is crucial to mobile web success. We read a great article from Brad Frost this week about strategies to do so.
- Mozilla is ready to get into the mobile game, and to take it one step further, they want to do it with a phone that runs solely off of web code. Their new Boot 2 Gecko (B2G) might just change the mobile game altogether
- This week we watched one of our favorite tech conferences go down, The London Web Summit. We watched the whole thing via livestream, but if you missed it luckily all the video from the speakers, innovators and startups at LWS is available here.
- When we heard about a group of high school students who were building a replica flight simulator from Battlestar Gallactica, we had to admit our first reaction was something like this. Once we actually watched the video though, it’s clear that these kids will one day be our only hope when aliens invade so we tip our caps to them for being the intergalactic rebels that they are.
So enjoy your weekends fiddle followers. Whether you spend it relaxing at home or building a rocket ship in your garage, just make sure to remember to follow us on Twitter @fiddlefly and check us out on Facebook (there are rumors of a new timeline wink wink) and Google+.