First thing’s first, we want to take the time right off the bat to go ahead and wish a fond Happy Mother’s Day to all the hard-working, heroic mothers out there. We hope your Sunday finds you relaxed and well pampered by the children responsible for all those hours of sleep you have lost over the years.
While I’m sure we are all looking forward to treating Mom right this weekend, it’s Friday which means it’s time for us to take a look back at all the craziness that went down here at FiddleFly, and around the world of mobile this week.
- The big news from in-house this week is the launch of FiddleFly Assist. We’ve found that a number of our clients are impressed with the software, but are having trouble finding time to build the sites their customers need. We decided we’d go ahead and lend a hand so we introduced a program in which we will actually build your customer’s site for you, and let you sell it to the customer.
- It seems like just about every week news comes out of the Facebook camp that supports what we’ve known for a while now; the future of Facebook is mobile. The big news this week from Team Zuckerburg was the announcement of its upcoming app store. Facebook’s app store will not only feature both free and paid apps, but it will also feature apps from across all platforms and devices, thus further unifying the mobile experience.
- Our president, Alex Kutsishin, takes every opportunity he can to spread the mobile web message, and this week saw him contribute his second article to Windmill Networking. The site is run and owned by best-selling author, social media maven, and our good friend Neal Schaffer, and this week Alex covered the benefits mobile-optimization can have on your company’s social media presence.
- It has been a long time coming, but this week Twitter finally standardized the mobile web experience across all platforms, including feature phones. The new layout is cleaner, faster, and much more efficient.
- If you haven’t noticed yet, we’re nerds at heart. Naturally then, the Transformers played a hefty role in shaping all of our lives and while Michael Bay may have attempted to bring our favorite robot heroes to life, it seems that the folks over at JR Robotics in Japan have taken things to a new level. Behold my friends, the Bravo Robot, aka the coolest thing ever!
That’s all from us for now. We know you’ve all got bouquets of roses and spa gift certificates to purchase, but while you’re out and about make sure to keep up on all the latest news and developments from the world of mobile by connecting with us on Twitter @fiddlefly ,Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. Happy Mother’s Day.